rFlashlights is a tool generated with autohotkey in order to use its lights button in rfactor also as a flashing lights button !
If the lights button is pressed more than 300ms, the lights flash ! release the button, and the lights back to initial state before the long push.
rFlashlights is available here : http://knackko.com/rfactor/tools/rflashlights_0.1.zip
Here is the readme file :rFlashlights by knackko
- v0.1 : first script with autohotkey, only the joystick buttons are captured (not axis nor POV)
- Extract rflashlights.exe to your rfactor install folder
Each time you want to configure the lights button
- Launch rflashlights.exe, rfactor is launched and a new icon tray appears ("H")
- Exit rfactor and open new icon tray menu
- Select Get_lights_key, a new window appears !
- Select the joystick number
- Press your joystick button !
- Generates the ini file
- Configure the lights key in your rfactor to "L"
Once the configuration is done, when you press lights button in rfactor, the lights switches on, if you press the button more longer (>300ms),
lights are flashing, and when you release the button, the lights comes back to the previous status !
RFLASHLIGHTS AS A RFACTOR LAUNCHER
Dont forget to launch rflashlights with your rfactor !
In order to not forget it, rflashlights is also a launcher of your rfactor.
It just execute rfactor.exe (there is no dependencies between rflashlights and rfactor processes).
As you can do customized shorcuts on rfactor, you can do the same with rflashlights.
Create a shorcut to rflashlights and edit its properties:
Example: rflashlights.exe "+connect myrfactorserver:34397 +password \"mypass\" +profile ASenna +fullproc -trace=5"
Dont forget "\" escape caracter for the server password parameter.